Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Patrol Base.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

BBrotherwood

BBrotherwood

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

• Guns: F88A1
    F88A2
    AKS-74u
    Bren Gun Mk1 (currently unbuilt)

• Loadouts: DPM
    DDPM
    AUSCAM (DPCU)

• Sites: UCAP Sandpit,Apocalypse 249,Okto Eight

Ordered a Lipo a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the initial confirmation email I have neither heard nor received anything. Sent them an email a few days ago and still no reply. This is feeling like a repeat of my dealings with shoot and scoot.

ImTriggerHappy

ImTriggerHappy

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3145 posts

Ordered a Lipo a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the initial confirmation email I have neither heard nor received anything. Sent them an email a few days ago and still no reply. This is feeling like a repeat of my dealings with shoot and scoot.

Phone them they are usually very helpful. Probably just an oversight.

TheGrover

TheGrover

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

• Guns: Customised ICS L85
    Customised GHK G5
    G&G Top-Tech TR15 Raider
    Customised WE P228

• Loadouts: British Armed Forces (ish)

• Sites: F&O @ Anzio
    F&O @ The Hive
Another typical patrol base experience. Great service, great communication, website letting them down:

I ordered a killflash to act as a protector for my new 4x32 optic. When it came it seemed rather flimsy. So a test shot confirmed that it wouldn't even come close to stopping a BB.

One email sent on a Friday night, and I got a reply on Monday morning, with a full refund. No fuss or drama. On top of that. I was also offered free delivery on my next order.

Now I've come to place my order, I picked a hydration bladder, sorted the delivery out. Within an hour I was phoned by someone at PB letting me know that they didn't actually have any in stock, but more were being ordered, and mine would be dispatched on Monday or Tuesday (2 or 3 working days after placing the order)

Not bad service at all. Just a shame the website has a few niggles and you can't filter items by what a in stock

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

What made you think the killflash would stop a BB? Did they say that on the page?

Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui HK416D
    Tokyo Marui Mk23 Socom

• Loadouts: British DPM 'Cold War warrior'
    Grey urban kit

• Sites: UCAP Bunker
    The Mall
    Also played at:
    UCAP GreenOps
    UCAP Sandpit
    Longmoor
    Tuddenham

What made you think the killflash would stop a BB? Did they say that on the page?

I was of the same impression that a kill flash would act as a shield for the lens but i am not sure where I read that. maybe it has to be a real steel / metal one and not a cheap china clone?

Nurse (noun), the first person you will see when waking up after saying "hold my gun and watch this..."

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

You're quite right in the case that they claim it would protect your lens in any way - I was curious so I checked and they do indeed state it offers protection: http://www.patrolbas...tm#.VfGK9sOD7-U so it's right that a refund was issued.

The best shield will always be a thin layer of well cut perspex. Killflashes limit the amount of light entering your scope anyway and reduce - however slightly - the quality of the image you're getting. They're obviously primarily there to limit scope glint and also reduce glare from the sun getting to your eye.

TheGrover

TheGrover

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

• Guns: Customised ICS L85
    Customised GHK G5
    G&G Top-Tech TR15 Raider
    Customised WE P228

• Loadouts: British Armed Forces (ish)

• Sites: F&O @ Anzio
    F&O @ The Hive
You guys were right about the killflash, I have seen some that are tough enough to protect the lens, but I guess they're a rarity

UPDATE:
Once again. They got in touch (this is about 3 hours after originally placing the order) to let me know that their supplier can't get hold of the product I was after after all, and the guy on the end of the phone was apologetic and prepared to offer a refund. It's a shame they couldn't get hold of what I wanted, but shot happens. At least dealing with the guys along the way was pleasurable and if anything, I feel more confident placing another order in future knowing that these guys give the best level of customer service you can expect

ironscouse

ironscouse

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: G&g eam mp5, we glock 18c
I ordered from these guys at about 20 past 12 in the morning, by 3 o'clock same afternoon it was dispatched an by 10 o'clock the next day it had arrived, didnt even pay for next day delivery, id order from them again

dex

dex

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

• Guns: Krytac CRB, TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock, VFC HK416, G&P/Lonex CQBR custom build, TM Sig P226R, TM M&P9

• Sites: Tech Brigade, UCAP Sandpit, Urban Assault

Ordered from PB several times, decent service on all occasions. Not a had any reason to put their customer support to the test.

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-UK1, M4 EBB, G33 F

• Loadouts: Whatevers comfy.....with big pockets

• Sites: Gunman Tuddenham, Urban Assault (RAF Upwood), RIFT (Cottenham)

I ordered from these guys at about 20 past 12 in the morning, by 3 o'clock same afternoon it was dispatched an by 10 o'clock the next day it had arrived, didnt even pay for next day delivery, id order from them again

yeah ive had that happen twice!....even with another online store :)

makes you feel good and wanna buy more!

ironscouse

ironscouse

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: G&g eam mp5, we glock 18c

yeah ive had that happen twice!....even with another online store :)
makes you feel good and wanna buy more!

definitely mate, only downside is you end up with no money ha

sp00n

sp00n

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

• Guns: 1 or 2

• Loadouts: Fat Guy in MTP
    FAT NINJA!!!

useless!!!

phoned up this morning to confirm stock of a gun and asked them to reserve it for me

drove a 140mile round trip only to be told "sorry we just sold it"

very very poor customer service

Things i am after :-

TM FA-MAS parts! (hop, flash hider assembly, and trigger guard)

FA-MAS hi caps!

sniper.gifboom-1.gif

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card.~ Ian_Gere"

ImTriggerHappy

ImTriggerHappy

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3145 posts

useless!!!

phoned up this morning to confirm stock of a gun and asked them to reserve it for me

drove a 140mile round trip only to be told "sorry we just sold it"

very very poor customer service

Did they offer you a good deal on anything else to say sorry?

sp00n

sp00n

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

• Guns: 1 or 2

• Loadouts: Fat Guy in MTP
    FAT NINJA!!!

Did they offer you a good deal on anything else to say sorry?

i only went for a TM VSR g-spec, as need the receiver and outer barrel to fix mine, they didn't seem to comprehend that and kept offering me a standard TM VSR, which has a totally different outer barrel.

they did offer to order me one in ...... which is useless to me, as i can get it cheaper elsewhere, and i needed the bits as i am playing tomorrow

Things i am after :-

TM FA-MAS parts! (hop, flash hider assembly, and trigger guard)

FA-MAS hi caps!

sniper.gifboom-1.gif

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card.~ Ian_Gere"

Randymanpipe

Randymanpipe

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

• Guns: TM 416D recoil
    TM Scar L
    ICS ProArms Mk3 (DMR)
    A&K Daytona Gun Mk46
    WE M92

• Loadouts: Multicam,
    Multicam Tropic
    Woodland

• Sites: Ucap Greenops, Ucap Bunker, Ucap sandpit, Badlands, Combat South, The Mall,MOD Longmoor, MOD Bramley, Stanta, Contact Front,
Fookin ell, that sucks spoon :/
A Jelly Doughnut! .......

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

i only went for a TM VSR g-spec, as need the receiver and outer barrel to fix mine, they didn't seem to comprehend that and kept offering me a standard TM VSR, which has a totally different outer barrel.

they did offer to order me one in ...... which is useless to me, as i can get it cheaper elsewhere, and i needed the bits as i am playing tomorrow

I have a JG VSR (G-Spec) barrel I'm getting rid of in lieu of a PDI one :S

HSCtheta7

HSCtheta7

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• Guns: CA MP5A4 custom
    KJ Works G23
    Weihrauch HW99S .177

• Loadouts: British DPM/OD

• Sites: Ambush Bordon
    Ambush The Billet
    The Mall
    EAG Dorking (soon)
    Badlands (soon)

I bought two AK-74 mags, a battery and a bottle of BBs from them. Came about three days later, with a free patch and all the right documents. They're brilliant! Just a shame their two-toning is a little on the pricy side.

"Life is like a cold lasagne, suspended in a deep, long freeze." - Ben Minnotte, Oddity Archive

Gaspod4933

Gaspod4933

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Took a drive over to the shop for a look round and to pick up some new lipos, a charger and some advice on both of them. Were left standing around the shop for ages and pretty much ignored for 45 mins, then once I was being served, the young lad serving me took a phone call, then told me he had to pop down stairs for 2 mins and never returned. After another 30 mins of being completely alone in the shop someone else appeared and asked if they could help me, he then sorted me out but I got what I was after but I was in the store for the best part of 3 hours for what should have taken 20 mins. They clearly see the online side of the business as the priority and people coming into the store as a nuisance.

MrMcG

MrMcG

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

• Guns: WE Scar-H GBBR
    GHK G5 GBBR
    KWA Vector GBBR
    Cybergun FNX GBBP

• Loadouts: OPS Multicam Black
    Haley Strategic Coyote D3CR H and D3CR
    Viper Battle Belt

• Sites: Epsom - RIP :(
    EAG Dorking
    EAG Longmoor
    Blitz CQB
    Bunker 51
Bit miffed

Followed their thing with price match explained the gun was £40 quid cheaper elsewhere and I'd like them to match it also said if they could I'd put a large order in

To the the tune of over 500

Heard nothing back after a couple of emails as well :/

Bit disappointed as it is cheaper in another shop they offer the price match and it's just been a wall of no response
Itchy Trigger Finger - Shoot first ask questions later

Team Fluffy Unicorns

TomC

TomC

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

• Guns: Tippman m4, WE P226 E2, WE G34, G&P m14 DMR recon

• Sites: Bristol Airsoft

My disappointment with PB is that the loyalty system has never worked for me (unless I'm missing something). I currently have 117 points "pending' but I have never had any points available. Apart from that PB have been pretty reliable in terms of sorting stuff out via email. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users