SRC, any good?

Indieboi918
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So right now I'm looking for my first gun, I'm in love with the G36 and since it will be a Two Tone gun (and I suck at spray-painting) I plan on replacing it once I am 18 (2012).

Since I am hoping the gun will last for around 2 years, I don't want something that will break after a couple games. The gun I am looking at is this: http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/catalog/prod...roducts_id/2864

So are SRC guns (especially internals) any good or would it be a better investment to go for something like a KWA G36 like this one: http://actionhobbies.co.uk/KWA-36C-2-Tone_AS852.aspx?0

Thanks,

Steve

• AF-UK Founding Member

Depends what your budget is really, you'll have to get someone over 18 to purchase it for you then give it to you.. no money can exchange hands.

Spray painting it would also be illegal, no matter how badly it's done :P

I certainly wouldn't worry about getting the SRC, I haven't heard anything bad about them and it's commonly known that G36's are a very good starter gun.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks :) when I mentioned painting I meant after I am 18 and UKARA registered. I was a little concerned after reading some (admittedly 5 years old) reviews on SRC and hearing that their internals are terrible and break almost out of the box. I guess they've turned it around.

Although I think I may still go with the KWA as I hope to keep it for at least 2 years, and I have the budget for it.

I just bought an SRC XM-8 and am awaiting delivery - I also bought it from Actionhobbies, coincidence - the GenIII guns are very reliable, entirely steel gearbox with aluminium for internal gun parts and far better than GenII and GenI which ought to be described as the manufacturers learning period. My friend has a SRC G36c and is very happy with it, fired 320 out of the box and has required no post-purchase upgrades or downgrades.

Check out more reviews before making a decision either way but the SRC GenIII is a very good looking family of weapons and I can't wait to get mine delivered~

src gen 1's, = crap

src gen 2's = good for price

src gen 3's = very good for price

only difference between gen 2 and 3 is bush size in gearbox. gen1's would have been sold about 5 years ago, all stuff in UK now is gen 2 and 3. Got a gen 2 g36 myself and it is a ###### good gun.

• Supporters

felt an SRC down at my local shop.

I actually mistook it for the KWA G36C.

honestly, build quality and the feel of it is outstanding. not just outstanding for the price, but proplerly amazing.

couple that with the fact that G36's are notoriously hard to break and you are onto a winner.

(on an unrelated note, hurray for my 500th post :D, quite the milestone)

If youve got the money go for the KWA, then when you're 18+UKARA'd you can change it into a RIF, saving you the hassel of having to buy a new gun. Also i believe KWA have a 3 year waranty or something rediculous like that on their guns, just in case bad things happen :)

But honestly theres not THAT much difference between the two (apart from the price)

• 2 months later...

What do people think of the S.R.C. GEN II guns in comparison to the other guns in the price range (£165 - £210 roughly)? Also, when people talk of the gen IIs they often mention 6mm bearings, but on the official src site they say their m4s have 8mm bearings. Which is true, and how much of a difference is there between 6 and 8mm bearings?

So right now I'm looking for my first gun, I'm in love with the G36 and since it will be a Two Tone gun (and I suck at spray-painting) I plan on replacing it once I am 18 (2012).

Since I am hoping the gun will last for around 2 years, I don't want something that will break after a couple games. The gun I am looking at is this: http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/catalog/prod...roducts_id/2864

So are SRC guns (especially internals) any good or would it be a better investment to go for something like a KWA G36 like this one: http://actionhobbies.co.uk/KWA-36C-2-Tone_AS852.aspx?0

Thanks,

Steve

We have a SRC G36e for sale in black if you are interested?

Archived